Friday, October 08, 2004

Perfect Day

Well, we survived our first week of night shift. Yay us! Today was very nearly the perfect day. We had a quiet morning. Stayed home, bummed around. After lunch we took off to have some fun. We stopped at an art studio here in town with some really beautiful pottery, and some unique quilts. Andy talked to the owner about getting a tea pot without glaze on the inside so that the tea will season the pot over time. (Christmas Present possibilities).

Then we took off to a nearby town that has a really neat downtown area. We were hungry so we stopped for lunch at a restaurant called The Mad Crab. It was the first time we'd been there, and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite place on the island so far! You have a beautiful view of the water from anywhere in the restaurant. We sat down and watched the gulls play, and some loons play peak-a-boo (the birds... not weird people). We think we may even have seen an otter. They had really good food too. We had a pizza with a very thin crust, but they also had sea food, pasta, and other things that even I would eat. Anyway, it was a nice leisurely meal and just exactly what I needed. They had a wood burning stove that smelled SOOO good, and it was the perfect kind of day for being cozy inside somewhere like that.

Then, we drove around that part of the island for a bit. We stopped at the Hummingbird Gardens and Shop because they had Christmas lights inside (those soo grabbed me from the cold, dreary day).

Then we came home and watched a movie, I did some knitting, and we had some hot cocoa.

It was just such a nice day. My favorite day here so far, I think. As a Navy wife you make perfect days like that EXTRA special because you always know you're making up for days you won't be able to have sometime soon. We didn't think of that today though, we just lived it and loved it. By the way, I love my husband.

No comments: