Monday, January 10, 2005

Website to See

Over two years ago now, Andy and I were wandering through the St. Louis Art Museum when we stumbled upon a painting that we found amazing. It was called, "January Hour--Epiphany." It was the kind of painting that you have to sit with, so we did.

While we were sitting there, Andy pulled out a box and got down on one knee and proposed to me.

The proposal is not the point. The creator of that amazing painting is. His name is Makoto Fujimura and the more of his work that I see, and the more of his words that I read the more impressed I am with him.

So... I encourage you to check out his website:

http://www.makotofujimura.com/index.html

Be sure to hit refresh a few times on the main page, so that you can see some of his work. I think my favorite is, "Costly Grace."

No comments: