Friday, January 21, 2005

Antsy....

Even though this was just a short separation, I could pace a hole in the floor waiting for Andy to get home tonight. His flight is due in in just a few minutes, but I'm expecting delays... I don't know what to do with myself. I got sick while I was at first home and still feel lousy, so I didn't clean the house from tip to top when I got in from the flights today, but I need to find SOMETHING to do to take up time until he gets here, or I'll go MAD!!!

It's funny how in just a couple of weeks the sound of my husbands voice can sound so new again. I know that when he comes home and gives me that first hug it will feel foreign and perfectly familiar all at once.

One of the things that is strangest and hardest for me to adjust to with this lifestyle is the fact that he leaves for a certain amount of time and goes to this whole other world that I don't know about. I can't know, past a few vague emails what is going on day to day with him. I can't imagine what the flight deck is like, or what it must be like to live on a ship. It feels lonely sometimes knowing that he is experiencing things that I can't enter into.

The same is true for me when he's gone. Different things happen. I handle things thrown at me in ways I can't even explain to him. Especially this time, with my going home and dealing with situations there. It will be hard to explain to him what all of that was like.

Anyway... this was just a short one (Thankfully), but I can't wait til he walks through that door.

HURRY UP PLANE!!!!

No comments: