Monday, January 10, 2005

Today

Today was nowhere near what I expected it to be. I didn't feel the amazing whoosh of vacuum-type emptiness that I did when Andy left for Basic Training. I cried when he left, went back to sleep and woke up and did my day.

I got quite a bit done, but still have a bit to do before I take off tomorrow.

What's better, I had the chance to spend some more time with Jamie. We went out and got some ice cream and I spent some time meeting her kitties and looking at photos this afternoon. It was nice to not be alone and to know we were both going through the same thing without having to talk about it (her husband has commenced floating around in circles on the same ship as Andy).

FINALLY, I have found my ice cream buddy... I'm so glad.

I've kept myself busy, and actually managed to feel upbeat today. Now... to tackle the joys of travelling tomorrow. Snow--Stay Away!!!

No comments: