Monday, January 03, 2005

Gloomy...

Tonight I am feeling a little gloomy. Andy will leave late this week or early next for his first trip out. It's not a long one, but it is the beginning of a year full of lots of separations--short and long. I don't doubt that we'll make it through, I'm just dreading being without him. That dread makes me know how lucky I am... That man means so very much to me.

I haven't gotten anything done today. I just... don't have any oomph. Maybe it's pregnancy and hormones. I know I'm tired. Mom says productivity is lacking during pregnancy, so maybe it is just another phenomenon common to the condition.

I will head back to my 'first home' next week for a short visit. I am looking forward to that, but I'm anxious about flying this far along. I know once I get there I'm covered. My wonderful sister-in-law is just a phone call away, and I know she knows a doctor or two who would take good care of me should the need arise. It will be good to be home, but I do feel anxious about that in general.

Today was my 32 week appointment. Everything looks like its on track. I'm measuring at about 30 centimeters and if I read things correctly that is supposed to be about equal to how many weeks along I am. Is it possible that I'm measuring a little small? One of my greatest irrational fears through this pregnancy was that I was going to give birth to a HUGE baby. I guess we shall see. For now, I'll choose to be encouraged by the measurements.

You might notice I haven't mentioned the Tsunami in my ramblings... I haven't known quite what to say. I haven't let myself watch or read too much about it because I'm just not up to it right now... I can't imagine the devestation and I am floored at the absolutely huge chunk of humanity that we just lost all at once. I believe every person's passing makes a difference to humanity as a whole..... So many at once... I just can't fathom it. I know I should put my little 'gloominess' into perspective by realizing how very blessed I am in the face of such a tragedy... but when I try to do that I just feel more gloomy.

Anyway... enough of my gloom-glut. Hopefully tomorrow will look a little brighter.

No comments: