Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Feet on the Ground

Well, I made it to first home... There were times I was sure I wasn't going to, but here I am. Let me just give a little word to the wise: If at all possible when ordering plane tickets... Do NOT choose a connecting flight out of Chicago O'Hare airport in January.

Because of Chicago's delays (fog is an evil, evil thing) we sat in Seattle for an extra couple of hours. Then we sat in the plane to leave for Seattle for an extra 20 minutes or so. When we landed in Chicago, we sat in the plane some more. By the time I got inside at Chicago my flight to the next place was 9 minutes from landing. I waddled all over the airport and found that I'd been bumped to a later flight on another carrier. So, I waddled to another terminal, found my next gate, got me a new ticket, waddled to get some food, and then collapsed. I gotta tell you, I must have been a tremendously funny site waddling to and fro yesterday. As for me, all I can say is... Waddling that far is not so fun.

When I finally got onto that flight (it was delayed too), we were told that it may not land where it was supposed to... No, in fact, it might go to KENTUCKY instead. I was so not pumped about visiting Kentucky. It's a nice state and all, but not the one I wanted to fall asleep in last night. Thankfully, due largely to the positive attitude of our stewardess I'm sure, we landed where we were supposed to...

HOWEVER my luggage didn't. It's supposed to show up here today, but who really knows. I'm praying it's not lost.

By the way, this is all a very watered-down version, but I fear you would grow bored if I gave you the whole darn-diddly thing.

It was all worth it when I woke mom up to give her a hug. And I have got a great Daddy too... he spent 3 or 4 hours at the airport waiting for me and trying to get information.

So now I'm here. Am missing Andrew, but that's unavoidable. He is officially underway now. Very Sailorish, don't you think? I thought that I had missed my last chance to talk to him by phone before he pulled out last night, but he woke me up this morning so that is not the case. I'm so glad... One of the worst feelings that comes in all this Navy wifeness is the feeling that you just can't get to your husband. I desperately NEEDED that call.

We shall see what adventures come my way now that my feet are again on the ground for a while.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. I hope your ankles didn't swell up with all that sitting and waiting. Still praying.