Thursday, November 04, 2004

Pizza Craving Thwarted....

So tonight, thanks to Jodie, I had this immense craving for Pizza Hut pizza (they should really be thankful for my pregnancy!). I haven't eaten a whole lot today mostly because of timing issues, so I thought that might do for a dinner type meal. Besides, I was only going to get a small!

Perhaps God decided it wasn't a healthy choice for me... or maybe things are just really annoying and the stars are aligned against me, but the plan was thwarted.

When I called the same Pizza Hut that Andy and I have ordered from time and time again and gave them my number, I was told I could not order because I did not have an in-town number... When I explained that I had ordered before using the same number I was told that that was impossible, and it must have been a pick-up order. (um... No!) So, alas, I gave up, and they lost some money tonight. I thought about trying to give them a bogus number but just figured why mess with it.

And since what I really wanted was a Pizza Hut pizza, I didn't try any of the other Pizza places in town.

So now, here I sit... the craving waves have almost subsided, but I am still left unsatisfied.

Woe is me... the devestation of thwarted Pizza Hut plans...

2 comments:

tmcroat said...

I want Joe's Pizza. Every now and then, I long for the familiar. I'm glad that restaraunt chains have spread clear across the country so we can have the same burger, chicken strips, or pizza just about anywhere. But of course, Joe's has not spread far enough.

Val said...

ohhh, Robin... What I wouldn't do for a Joe's pizza, or even just one from Mario's!!! *mouth watering*

We have yet to find a little pizzeria type place around here... just chains. I'm thankful for my Pizza Hut and Papa John's... but it's no compare to Mario's!!!