Thursday, November 18, 2004

AT3 Andrew

I am a proud wife today. Andy was frocked as a Third Class Petty Officer!!! By the way, I really don't like the term, 'Frocked.' It reminds me of... little dresses, or priests robes. Andy does not wear little dresses or priests robes. It was even worse when at the ceremony they were called, "Frockees." It sounded like "Frockies." But that is really besides the point.

Anyway, the ceremony was interesting, if a little quick. I think that instead of all these seminars about drunk driving and such that these sailors sit through they should do some public speaking courses... (Just kidding, though I did want to give the man using the microphone some pointers about not trailing his voice off at the end of his phrases.) It was very casual and everyone even felt comfortable laughing when the alarm on one of the 'Frockees' cell phones went off.

And now my husband is a Petty Officer. He has a very nice bird with a stripe on his arm. I'm pretty sure that makes him happy. It will be interesting to see what new responsibilities he may be asked to take on. I am certain though, that whatever they may be he will handle them with poise and integrity.

Now I'm off to try to clean out the baby's room so as to make room for someone to sleep there next weekend. If I don't post for a while, you might want to call and check up on me! I'm afraid I'll get lost in there!

Happy promotion day to Andy!


No comments: