Saturday, November 13, 2004

For Such a Time...

Good thing that happened this week: Something clicked... I stepped into my current season. Now I get that I have just as much purpose when I'm staying at home as I do any other time. It's just different. Now I get that my life can be just as driven, and just as intentional... but in different ways. Today I actually felt... the beginnings of contentment. I realized how blessed I am. I have this wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter on the way, and time to knit, make my home mine, write, study, and read. Not to mention the fact, that I have the opportunity to volunteer at the church, which is just plain fun even if I am doing repetitive tasks like stamping envelopes. And now, I get to hopefully make my extended family's holiday blessed as well! I feel like I finally stepped into things as they are and maybe I can stop being busy trying to settle, and start intentionally being where I am. That's good news... Now if I can only stay in this head space for more than a day, it will be wonderful. Not to be Christianese and cliche all at once, but I think I finally understand that "For such a time as this..." applies to housewives too.

Oh my... My husband is considering being a translator for Benny Hinn.... this does not sound good. (That's a joke, people!)

Alright.... it's time to head for bed around here.

Sometime I'll have to tell you about the snowflake turned into huge snow boulder known as Thanksgiving at Val's house... Family is descending upon us and we're not entirely sure when it was decided that this would be so.... I'm sure it'll make for some great story telling in the next few weeks of preparation!

No comments: