Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Two Years Ago...

Two Years Ago today I married the MOST wonderful man. I gazed into his eyes and promised to love him no matter what. We promised that we'd be together for better or for worse. I gazed into his eyes and was filled with wonder that I was going to spend the rest of my life with him.

Since then, we've certainly seen a good amount of 'better' and 'worse.' TOGETHER we've lived in three different states, established three different places to call home. He started his journey in the Navy, and we endured the separation of Basic Training. I lived through a few months of, "The Job from Hell." We visited beaches, and forts, and beautiful gardens, and state parks. We've lost loved ones, and welcomed new babies. We ourselves welcomed into our lives the most beautiful little girl either of us have ever beheld. Andy reminded me of all of this in a beautiful email he sent today.

That's a lot of living to squeeze into two years. Not all of our first two years was happy... but through it all we've both had an abundance of joy in the knowledge that we were loved by the other. I don't think I can adequately express the feeling of being able to come back to the solid fact that I KNOW that my husband loves me. I KNOW he thinks about me. I KNOW he's pulling for me.

We've had a lot of 'apart time' in our short time together. But even through that 'apart time' we were TOGETHER. That is so hard to explain, but so very true. Thoughts of him are always at the forefront of my mind. Each moment I experience is somehow shared with him, even if it's only through my thinking, "Andy would love this." He is something solid for me in a world that has been and is far from certain.

We are so very, very blessed. I am still so in love. I think I always will be.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

I cannot believe it has been TWO years already. Crazy!
Congratulations!