Saturday, June 25, 2005

Mary Poppins

It's a good thing Carolyn has decided she likes at least parts of Mary Poppins. I'm suddenly obsessed with it. I'm not sure why. Shortly before we left to come back here, I decided I wanted to see it again, so I decided to buy it for our 'beginning of deployment/detachment/long darned separation present.'

It's become a little escape of sorts for me. If I'm feeling edgy, or sad, or just want out for a little bit, I put it on. I get the songs in my head and sing them to Carolyn all day.

Why Mary Poppins? It's not deep really... It has no significant voice speaking into my current experience. But somehow, it is a comfort. It keeps me steady. It keeps me singing. It keeps me sane.

Maybe it's that spoonful of sugar? I'm not sure. But I do love Mary Poppins!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

It is, seriously, my favorite movie too. I even have the soundtrack that I actually listen to and sing along with.

I understand.