Friday, June 09, 2006

Situation Normal, if Demotivated

Carolyn is asleep, Andy is on the phone, and here I am trying to plunk something down for blogworld consumption.

The week has been busy enough, but uneventful. Andy was promoted and that was a moment of pride for all of us. We had a day of car trouble, but an oil change fixed that. Carolyn had her 15 month well-baby check, and she is indeed a well-baby--and growing fast!

I seem to be demotivated and uninspired at present. I'm not too worried. These things come and go, and I'll press through it, but I do get tired of this variety of 'the blahs.' The house has been more cluttery, I haven't felt like exercising, and my creativity is in hiding.

I've worked a bit on new things that I hope will be afoot in my future. That's exciting, and overwhelming, and nerve-wracking.

Carolyn is teething and needy this week, but doing well over all. Her new word is, "Uh-oh" and it seems to be applicable to nearly everything. Pull the cats tail, "uh-oh!" Drop the sippy cup, "Uh-oh." Do a death from above on Dads face, "Uh-oh!"

I guess I can still say, "We still march on." The adrenaline rushes have been less frequent, the crises less pressing, the mental processing more intense, and we still march on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Andy's promotion! We hope to see you soon in only about a week. We are excited to pull out our winter clothes for your low 60's weather. It's 101 here. blah!

In Christ,
little*

Kris said...

Yay for Andy's promotion! How exciting. And yay for Carolyn's well-baby check up... arent' they fun?

gingrpchy said...

How long has it been since you've been able to say "situation normal"? That's exciting in itself!