Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Picking Strawberries

Today, Carolyn and I, along with our friend, Jamie, went to a strawberry patch nearby and picked strawberries! (What else would you do in a strawberry patch?)

I was amazed at how quickly Carolyn picked up on the concept. We hadn't been in the field for five minutes, and she'd picked a strawberry and put it in our basket. With a little coaching, she even did a good job of picking the Red ones!

She had a blast and took it all so very seriously. There was work to be done--a whole basket to fill up!

After the exercise of strawberry picking, we indulged in some ice cream to reward ourselves. Carolyn enjoyed sharing a cone with me.

I just had to share some pictures from our trip.

2 comments:

samurai said...

That is awesome. How cute. May the berries be plump and sweet!

Tracie said...

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun!
Those pictures are great! She is getting so big. I cannot believe it.
It seems like it was only yesterday that we were writing silly books and plotting takeovers. Oops! I think I blew your cover!