Sunday, April 17, 2005

Six Weeks!

Tomorrow, Baby Carolyn will be 6 weeks old. That seems absolutely unreal to me! Time has just gone by incredibly quickly. As I look back over the pictures, I can't believe how much Carolyn has changed already. My little newborn is gone and this little baby baby is in her place.

We've gotten over the feeling of, "Who is this stranger?" and I think we are getting into the groove of being a family of three. We're even figuring out how to go out and socialize a bit with a wee one in the family. We're also getting used to living on fewer hours of sleep, and Carolyn, bless her heart, is sleeping for longer on SOME nights. (We've gotta fuss sometimes!)

I caught a picture of Baby C. giving us a great big grin today. I know the 'smiles in the ducky seat' might all look alike... but they all show something different to me. And this great big grin--how could I not share it?

We have been borrowing a swing from some friends at church and at first Carolyn DID NOT like it. This weekend we gave it another try, and she's decided that the swing is pretty wonderful after all. In fact, she's swinging away right now!

She's also been spending some time on her tummy practicing lifting up her head and supporting some weight on her arms. Pretty neat, eh?

I can't believe in just a couple of weeks Baby C. will take her first out-of-the-womb plane ride, and that we'll be headed back to first home. I know Carolyn's 'Gramma Caro and Grumpy Frank' are going to be absolutely in love. Well... they already are in love! It'll be pretty special when they can be together in person, though.

That's enough of my gushing. I hope you like the pictures.

No comments: