Friday, March 04, 2005

Trash Can/No baby

So... on my encourage-baby-to-come walk yesterday, I discovered that our trash can had been melted to the ground. I'm not sure how. The rim of it is still there... but the bottom is charred, melted mess. Interestingly, there are no char marks on the ground around it. It's really very bizarre. We called our property manager, and she arraged for the city to send us a new trash barrel. A trash can is a weird thing to vandalize, don't you think?

While the property manager was here taking pictures and talking to my husband, apparently a Jr. Highish age kid stopped by on his bike and hypothesized that it was a 'lighter bomb.' He then proceeded to explain in detail how to make such a thing... He assured them he was not the one to blame for the trash can and he didn't know who was... But it creeps me out quite a bit to know that kiddos these days are so well-versed in bomb and various other fiery weaponry that they can give detailed descriptions of how to make them at the drop of a hat.

Yes, since I'm posting here it means there is no baby to meet yet. Sure wish I could tell you other news. God bless those people who try to say helpful things, but, "Oh... don't worry honey, I was 2 weeks late with my baby." or, "I was 17 days late when I finally went," really aren't helpful comments. Andy has less than 2 weeks on land left (well, I'm hoping I have the dates slightly off), and still no baby. I NEED for her to get here. It's not just me feeling uncomfortable, and I don't think I'm being a baby for being a little anxious. And... speaking of anxious, let me insert here that it also doesn't help when people tell me I MUST stay calm because tension will make my body not go into labor too. Then I start feeling stressed and guilty about feeling stressed.

*sigh* I do not wish this on anyone...

But in a few days, I will have a beautiful baby girl to love and hold and watch grow... and it will all somehow work out and be worth it.

2 comments:

MacGirl said...

(((((((Val)))))))
Love you

Tracie said...

I'm praying the baby comes soon. Wouldn't it be great to have your baby share Sarita's birthday? That's coming soon...but hopefully she will be here before we can think about that potentiality.