Saturday, February 05, 2005

Chaplain Ammendment--An experience of Two

Let me make an ammendment to my last post...

I am still in awe of Military Chaplains. In fact, Andy and I sat down with a former chaplain yesterday who is still amazingly cool with connections, full of compassion, and who possesses wisdom of how to work the system (He's our pastor. We're so lucky!). Chaplains like Pastor David are awe-worthy indeed.

However, and this is a big however, any chaplain who would possibly try to solve a situation of wanting a daddy to have more time with his newborn daughter before he has to go play on boats by suggesting that a Medically UNneccessary INDUCTION be performed has another THINK COMING!!!! No Thanks... I'd prefer NOT to interfere with the natural processes of my body (that God has designed specifically for the process of childbirth) just to fit the Navy's schedule. And oh by the way--before he thinks of seriously recommending that to ANYONE he should really do his homework. Don't tell ME that medically unnecessary inductions don't lead to higher rates of Caesarian Sections. Don't tell ME that it's all a very "Natural process." I am the MOMMY in question here and I've done my HOMEWORK. (Yes... this is a different Chaplain than the one I mentioned in the first paragraph)

Yes... Even Chaplains are susceptible to cranial-rectal inversion. It's sad... but it's true! Those who persevere and escape this unfortunate condition however, are still really, really cool.

No comments: