Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hawaii Part IX: A Herd of Turtles and Coconut Lessons

Photobucket
Photobucket
One of my very favorite parts of the whole trip was a visit to the black sand beach.

Photobucket
There we met Jacob the Sea Turtle (he has a stone for a pillow ;))

Photobucket
And a whole family of other sea turtles. See my family with the turtle family? Quite literally a herd of turtles!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
They were just so cool.

Photobucket
Me and Abbie the beach bum again.

Photobucket
Carolyn sinks her feet into the sand.

Photobucket
Carolyn and Gramma K

From there we went to Whittington Beach for a picnic lunch before leaving the Big Island.

Photobucket

Mike showed us how to crack a coconut for an after lunch treat. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of the actual coconut opening.

Photobucket
But here is Andy cracking off a piece to try some of the meat.

Photobucket
And him taking a sip of juice.

1 comment:

MacGirl said...

I love all your pictures. . .they are taking me away to a nice warm land that is not cold and windy :-)

And I love Carolyn's beads! They're so cute. She's an accessories queen.

I'm glad you had a good time!