Monday, May 01, 2006

Wubba

Carolyn has a new word. It's "Wubba." I know, I know... It's crazy. It's not a real word. Should it even count?And what is "Wubba" anyway?

I am a lover of Sesame Street. I hope to instill this love into my daughter. One of our favorite videos is the 25th Anniversary Sesame Street singalong video. And our favorite song on that particular video is Grover's rendition of "Wubba, Wubba, Wubba."Early on this song caught my fancy and I found myself humming it all day long. This resulted in spontaneous bursts of, "I said a wubba wubba wubba and a woo woo woo" in the middle of nearly everything--dinner, showering, driving, walks with the stroller. Carolyn has become quite used to it. Andrew has too, and we've begun to sing it together.

Soon after Andrew began to sing along, Carolyn decided to join in and one day as Andy and I were singing a stellar duet of the song, we stopped and heard our daughter say, "Wubbubububub."

My favorite times are when we sing the song together and she incorporates her new move--the head wiggle--into the singing of it. Especially on the "Wubba, Wubba, Wubba and a Doodly Doo." line. Just imagine my little girl singing, "Wubba, wubba, wubba" and waggling her head back and forth when I get to "Doodly Doo." Yeah.... I LOVE this girl.

So now she goes around the house saying, "Wubbubububub."

(And also she says Mama... Finally!)

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Now you just need to get her to say "Bee Bo" and we will all be happy.