Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Whine:

Warning: I am about to whine. This is not a ploy for sympathy. It is simply a whine.

I miss my husband.

I wish he was here so I could not listen to him tonight.

I would really like him to say things like, "Val you aren't a bad Mom... You play lots with C. You make her smile. She loves you so much. I would totally lose my patience after the fiftieth time that she stuffed a leaf in her mouth or attempted to eat cat food, but you keep your cool... and have a marvelous finger-sweep technique."

Or...

"Val... even though you have tried very hard to eat your weight in sugar in the last three or four days, I don't think you look anything like the Goodyear Blimp or the Michelen Man, and even if you did you would be the prettiest Goodyear Blimp/Michelan Man I'd ever seen."

Or...

"Val, you aren't a horrible house-keeper. Chasing after a feisty, clingy, obviously mobile 7 mos. old is enough to make anyone want to skip cleaning litter boxes and reaching into the depths of the kitchen sink drain to clean out limp, disgusting, food."

And when I was done not listening to him say all of that, I wish I could see him shake his head, sigh at my stubborn unwillingness to listen to him, give me a hug, and then commence an evening of leisurely spooning.

Yes. That is what I wish for right now. I guess I'll just have to wait a few months.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We all feel like that sometimes; I'm sorry the time away is so long.

Hope said...

I didn't see this as a whine. I could identify with all your situations though - been there. Still there on the sugar one. Know that even if it feels like it, it is impossible to gain 35 pounds back in 3 days of feeding emotions. I am so thankful for that!

rodiemom said...

I'd come spoon with you but you might look at me weird. Call me if you need to talk my ear off. Love ya gal.

natala said...

i'm also sorry the wait is so long.... praying for peace for you.