Friday, April 21, 2006

One More Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Andy has been on leave, so we thought we would go tulip-finding one more time. It's later in the season, so the tulips are ready for cutting, and just brilliant. Tulip-festival time provides marvelously cheap dates--You find a field, pay $2 to park, and walk as long as you want. This field had bright reds, deep purples, delicate pinks, and my favorite--a very subtle yellowy white.

Carolyn had lots of fun getting a view from Dad's backpack. I think she felt important. Her Mama skipping around singing, "Tulips, Tulips, Look at the beautiful tulips!" entertained her quite well too.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

I just love tulips. White are my favorite. Trista used them in her wedding so I guess she beat me to it.
So glad you made it to Washington safely and that Andy is back with you.
I love you guys so much and only want the best for you.
Email your phone number to me!!! I'm serious. I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to call you the past couple weeks.